Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very tasty appetizer. They freeze well. I got this recipe from a relative.
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 box frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- salt and pepper
- Line 3 tart tins with pastry.
- Brush pastry with 2 tbsp.
- melted butter and refrigerate for 30 minutes before filling.
- Add 1 teaspoon of drained spinach to each shell.
- Top each tart with cheese.
- Beat 3 eggs and 1 cup half and half cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mixture into tart shells.
- Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes.
I didn't refrigerate the crust before using, but it still came out great! I couldn't resist putting in cooked, chopped bacon. It was a great appetizer. I only had ONE mini muffin tin so it was a slow process but worth the wait.
Needing to prepare for two evening get togethers this past weekend, I searched Recipezaar for appetizers and had excellent results with those I prepared. This Spinach Quiche Tart reacipe by Darlene10 was a big hit. Other then using puff pastry I prepared as directed. Brushing the pastry with melted butter and refridgerating makes for a superior tart shell. A winner!