Top Review by Kathleen Termecz
i'm not one to follow recipes to the letter so i threw in some mushrooms and sauteed them with the onion & celery mixture and pretty much followed it from there. the crust was a bit dough-y from the cottage cheese but it sure did taste good. i'd make it again but maybe i'll bake the crust first, just a bit. i used one of those pre-made frozen crusts.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spinach in salted water according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- Sauté onion and celery in butter until onion is soft.
- Into a deep pastry shell spread cottage cheese over bottom.
- Mix spinach with onion mixture and spread over cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese over top.
- Combine eggs, milk, and seasonings and pour over all.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until set.