Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Easy to prepare.
- 250 g flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 150 g margarine
- 14.79-29.58 ml water
- 473.18 ml finely chopped onions
- 283.49 g package frozen spinach
- 59.14 ml butter
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml milk
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 177.44 ml grated swiss cheese
- Add salt to the flour and rub in the margarine until the flour resembles crumbs. Add water to make a dough. Rap with cling film and leave in the fridge for an hour.
- Saute onions slowly in butter. Cook spinach according to package directions. Combine onions, spinach and Swiss cheese.
- Beat eggs, blend in the milk and seasonings. Combine with spinach mixture.
- Pour over the pie shell and bake in a 200° oven for 35-40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Had company for the holidays and wanted a breakfast that was quick, easy and tasted great. This fit the bill on all fronts. I did use a prepared pie crust to make it even easier and then followed the directions exactly. I was afraid it'd make to much for the pie but it fit perfect and baked up lovely. Everhone enjoyed the creamy taste and thought I'd worked all morning on it. I'll be using this again I know.