Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of my families favourite recipes, created by my mum when I was a kid :) This recipe can use Spinach but I tend to use Siverbeet/Chard, its cheaper and no one can tell once it is made up!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 onion
- 1 cup tasty cheese
- 1 bunch silver beet or 1 bunch chard leaves or 1 bunch spinach
- 2 -3 slices bacon (optional)
- 4 -6 eggs
- 8 -12 tablespoons milk
- Defrost pastry and line a quiche dish with it.
- Blind bake pastry (if you wish, I normally don't).
- Chop onion and sprinkle on base of pastry. Chop bacon on sprinkle over onion,when I am serving a vegetarian I leave this out and serve the quiche with bacon on the side.
- Grate Cheese and sprinkle small amount over onion and bacon.
- Finely slice the silverbeet and fill the quiche, the amount you use will depend on the size of the leaves, I only use the green part.
- Whisk eggs and add 2 tablespoons of milk per eggs.
- Pour egg and milk mixture into pie mixture, add mixture until liquid is about 1 cm below top of pastry.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Bake in a moderate oven, until the egg mixture is set, cover with foil if cheese browns too fast.
- For vegetarian omit the bacon or use soy bacon.
Luvly our family all enjoyed it will make again