Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very quick, easy and delicious! Great for brunches, lunches or dinner with a salad.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) jar mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can French fried onion rings
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- Use favorite pie crust recipe or Pet Ritz.
- Beat eggs and add remaining ingredients. 1/2 pint of sour cream is 1 cup. I use French's brand of French Fried onion rings. I'm not positive about the ounces, but it is the small size and the 8 oz. I have listed is an approximate. Also, be sure and get all of the moisture out of the spinach. I blot it between paper towels to remove all of the water.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Made this for supper last night for my family of three. We all rated the taste between 3 and 4 stars. However, the measurements don't seem accurate and I was a bit confused while making it. First, I had no idea how much a 1/2 pint of sour cream was. I looked at three conversion charts at home and could not find pints listed anywhere! I decided to use half a cup of sour cream. The smallest mushroom jar I could find was 4.5 ounces so I put them all in. And the smallest French fried onion can I could find was only 2.8 ounces, so I used it. I was a little worried when I put it all together since all my measurements seemed inaccurate, but the quiche ended up quite yummy. The blend of flavors is quite unique and it really grows on you! I baked it for 45 minutes, covering the top with foil for the last 10 and it was done perfectly.