Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have been making this for years - even my kids love it!! If you don't like spinach - you could substitute broccoli.
- 1 ready-made pie crust (I use Pillsbury)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 garlic clove (pressed, using garlic press)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Press pie crust into 9" pie pan.
- Pre-bake pie crust for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Sautee onion, garlic & spinach in butter until onion is soft - add salt & pepper to taste - set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl - whisk together the eggs & milk.
- Spread shredded cheese in bottom of pie crust.
- Spread spinach mixture over cheese in pie crust.
- Pour egg/milk custard over spinach mixture & cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. If crust starts to get too brown - cover edges with tin-foil.
- Slice & serve.
I made this last night and used fresh rather than frozen spinach. As a red-blooded all-american man I can tell you this is a quiche I will eat again!! Very simple easy to follow recipe that left us saying yum. Thank you for making this recipe available.
It was easy and AMAZINGLY DELISH!!!
Such an easy quiche recipe! My fiance has been begging to make him a quiche for years, but I haven't as I don't have the time for the whole homemade pastry etc. This was is easy and tastes fabulous. We may be meat eaters, but this is just delicious! Spinach and cheese may be my new favourite flavour combination!