Recipe by veggiemom
I have been making this for years - even my kids love it!! If you don't like spinach - you could substitute broccoli.
Top Review by peacemaker
I made this last night and used fresh rather than frozen spinach. As a red-blooded all-american man I can tell you this is a quiche I will eat again!! Very simple easy to follow recipe that left us saying yum. Thank you for making this recipe available.
- 1 ready-made pie crust (I use Pillsbury)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 garlic clove (pressed, using garlic press)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Press pie crust into 9" pie pan.
- Pre-bake pie crust for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Sautee onion, garlic & spinach in butter until onion is soft - add salt & pepper to taste - set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl - whisk together the eggs & milk.
- Spread shredded cheese in bottom of pie crust.
- Spread spinach mixture over cheese in pie crust.
- Pour egg/milk custard over spinach mixture & cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. If crust starts to get too brown - cover edges with tin-foil.
- Slice & serve.