Recipe by Donna Matthews
The cheesy crust is what makes this the best spinach quiche I've ever had. The recipe by Mary Proctor came from a cookbook by World Missionary Evangelism, Inc.
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook frozen spinach and drain well.
- Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for the crust together.
- Press (or roll out) into a 8 or 9 inch deep dish pie pan.
- Set aside.
- For filling, combine together the milks, eggs, onions, and seasonings, beating well.
- Gently stir in drained spinach.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes; then at 325 for 20 minutes.