Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is for my children, as it is the one they grew up with. It is denser and not so high in fat as the light and fluffy kind.
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 2⁄3 lb grated cheddar cheese or 2⁄3 lb monterey jack cheese
- bacon bits (optional)
- 2 frozen deep dish pie shell
- Thaw spinach and drain well.
- Mix all of the filling ingredients together in a bowl.
- Divide evenly into two pie crusts.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until silver knife incerted in center comes out clean.