A simple at home recipe for restaurant style queso dip, with spinach for extra flavor and nutrition. Saw this on pinterest, from the blog bakeyourday. Yum, good stuff!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml yellow onion, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced thin (green and white parts)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, diced
- 340.19 g white American cheese, cubed
- 113.39 g monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml milk (anything but skim or non fat)
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 226.79 g frozen chopped spinach, drained, excess water squeezed out
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and jalapeno with a small pinch of salt. Saute for about 6 minutes, until soft and fragrant. Add the cheeses and milk, stirring constantly until cheeses are melted.
- 2Add the canned tomatoes, spinach and cilantro, and stir well to combine.
- 3Transfer to a serving dish and serve with tortilla chips.
- 4Reheat in the microwave or serve in a small slow cooker to keep warm for a longer period of time.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Queso Dip
Serving Size: 1 (1390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.8
- Calories from Fat 455
- Total Fat 50.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 112.6 mg
- Sodium 1957.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 37.4 g