Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple at home recipe for restaurant style queso dip, with spinach for extra flavor and nutrition. Saw this on pinterest, from the blog bakeyourday. Yum, good stuff!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced thin (green and white parts)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, diced
- 12 ounces white American cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup milk (anything but skim or non fat)
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach, drained, excess water squeezed out
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and jalapeno with a small pinch of salt. Saute for about 6 minutes, until soft and fragrant. Add the cheeses and milk, stirring constantly until cheeses are melted.
- Add the canned tomatoes, spinach and cilantro, and stir well to combine.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with tortilla chips.
- Reheat in the microwave or serve in a small slow cooker to keep warm for a longer period of time.