Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious addition to a greek style meze table.
- 1 cup spinach, washed and dried
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- lemon wedge
- crusty bread
- Blanch spinach. Drain immediately and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Soak breadcrumbs in the cold water, then squeeze out excess moisture. Discard water.
- Bake walnuts for 5-7 minutes, until they are golden. Chop 2 tbsp of the walnuts and reserve for garnish.
- Place spinach, breadcrumbs, walnuts, oil, garlic, lemon juice in blender and blend to obtain a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread puree onto plate, sprinkle with chopped walnuts, drizzle with oil and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Serve with crusty bread.