Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
A friend of mine makes this to bring to parties. It's always a hit.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
very good, I added in some fresh minced garlic and Tabasco... lots of Tabasco! I only used half the amount of water chestnuts, I am serving this later tonight so I will not fill into the bread until I am ready to serve it, thanks Dreamer!
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) package herb salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 2 pumpernickel rounds (round loaves)
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts (optional)
- green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing and mix well.
- Squeeze the spinach to remove water.
- Add to the mixture and mix well.
- Add optional ingredient(s)
- Hollow out the bread and fill with the sour cream mixture.
- Cube the bread that was removed from the loaves.
- Arrange assorted cut up veggies and bread cubes around loaves.