Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend of mine makes this to bring to parties. It's always a hit.
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) package herb salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 2 pumpernickel rounds (round loaves)
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts (optional)
- green onion (optional)
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing and mix well.
- Squeeze the spinach to remove water.
- Add to the mixture and mix well.
- Add optional ingredient(s)
- Hollow out the bread and fill with the sour cream mixture.
- Cube the bread that was removed from the loaves.
- Arrange assorted cut up veggies and bread cubes around loaves.
very good, I added in some fresh minced garlic and Tabasco... lots of Tabasco! I only used half the amount of water chestnuts, I am serving this later tonight so I will not fill into the bread until I am ready to serve it, thanks Dreamer!
A delicious dip which our pre-Christmas guests greatly enjoyed! I simply served this in a bowl with savoury biscuits for dipping. My only additions were some finely minced garlic, some cumin and 2 rashers of crisped and finely chopped bacon. Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe, Dreamer. I didn't use the chestnuts on this occasion as I had none on hand but plan to try this with the chestnuts next time I make this. Made for PRMR.
This recipe was just a little different than my Momâ€™s, but it was good. I did use a round loaf of white bread instead of Pumpernickel, just personal preference. It went over very well with my DH.