Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is packed with nutrition and fibre. Enjoy this Sanjeev Kapoor recipe from Young Times with a smile!
- 1 bunch fresh spinach leaves, cleaned,washed,drained and roughly shredded
- 1 cup long-grain basmati rice, washed and soaked in
- 3 cups water, for 30 minutes and drained
- 1 inch fresh ginger, washed,peeled and chopped
- 4 -5 spring onions, washed,ends trimmed and cut into rounds
- 3 -4 stalks green onions, washed,ends trimmed and chopped into rounds
- 2 green chilies, washed,ends trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add cumin seeds and allow to crackle.
- Once they stop crackling, add green chillies.
- Stir-fry for a minute.
- Add ginger and spring onions.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in rice and saute for 3 minutes.
- Mix in 3 cups of water and salt.
- Then, stir in the chopped spring onion greens.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower flame, add spinach and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Lower flame and cook till all the water has been absorbed by the rice and the rice is cooked.
- Serve hot with plain low-fat yogurt on the side.