This is packed with nutrition and fibre. Enjoy this Sanjeev Kapoor recipe from Young Times with a smile!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch fresh spinach leaves, cleaned,washed,drained and roughly shredded
- 1 cup long-grain basmati rice, washed and soaked in
- 3 cups water, for 30 minutes and drained
- 1 inch fresh ginger, washed,peeled and chopped
- 4 -5 spring onions, washed,ends trimmed and cut into rounds
- 3 -4 stalks green onions, washed,ends trimmed and chopped into rounds
- 2 green chilies, washed,ends trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1Heat oil in a pot.
- 2Add cumin seeds and allow to crackle.
- 3Once they stop crackling, add green chillies.
- 4Stir-fry for a minute.
- 5Add ginger and spring onions.
- 6Saute for 2 minutes.
- 7Stir in rice and saute for 3 minutes.
- 8Mix in 3 cups of water and salt.
- 9Then, stir in the chopped spring onion greens.
- 10Bring to a boil.
- 11Lower flame, add spinach and mix well.
- 12Cover and cook on high heat for 2 minutes.
- 13Lower flame and cook till all the water has been absorbed by the rice and the rice is cooked.
- 14Serve hot with plain low-fat yogurt on the side.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Pulao
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.2
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 107.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: