Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My favorite! Card 25, packet 17 of My Great Recipes. Can make 2 hours ahead and baked just in time for serving.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon finely minced green onion
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Cook spinach according to package directions, adding onion to the pan as spinach cooks.
- Drain well. Fold in the eggs and sour cream. Blend in the Parmesan cheese and flour. Stir in the butter, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Turn into a well buttered 1-quart casserole or soufflé dish.
- Bake at 350°for 25-30 minutes or until the center is set.
- Serving suggestions: baked ham, tomatoes vinaigrette, and French bread.
This was very good!! Very easy to make. I used fresh spinach, which I steamed. A friend of mine and her 3 year old twins spent the day with me and we had this as a side dish for dinner. We also had baked chicken (not a Zaar recipe) and Roasted Baby Potatoes With Herbs. It was a great meal. The kids didn't like this (but what do 3 year olds know?:D) but my friend and I sure did. I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe Julie. Made for PAC Spring ''08
What a simple and excellent recipe using frozen spinach! My husband really loves creamed spinach and I knew this recipe was a perfect match for him and sure enough he loved it. Don't be intimated with the souffle style of this recipe, it is very easy to put together. I used two small deep bowls since I wanted to present them out of the bowls and it worked out without a hitch. This is a a recipe I will be making often. Thank you Julie B's Hive for posting this wonderful recipe. My husband thanks you too!