Bev. E.'s Note:
This is another great recipe from my recipe binders. It is very tasty and great on a chilly evening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 cup low-fat chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese (3 oz.)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1Puree spinach in food processor.
- 2Saute onion, carrot, celery and red pepper in butter in a large, heavy saucepan.
- 3Add flour, stirring until smooth.
- 4Cook, stirring constantly 2 minutes.
- 5Gradually add milk and chicken broth; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 6Stir in spinach, salt, nutmeg, and lemon-pepper.
- 7Cook until thoroughly heated.
- 8Sprinkle each serving evenly with probolone cheese and crumbled bacon.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach-provolone Soup
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.1
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 59.0 mg
- Sodium 939.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken broth
lemon pepper seasoning