1/1 Photo of Spinach-Prosciutto Ravioli
I've wanted to try making ravioli with wonton skins for some time now and came up with this recipe, which combines a number of favorite ingredients. I think it worked out quite well, and hope you agree. Servings is a guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the prosciutto, spinach, ricotta, egg yolk, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- 2Mix the cornstarch with a couple of tablespoons of cold water in a small dish.
- 3Place six or so wonton skins on work surface. Keep remaining skins covered. Place a gently rounded teaspoonful of the filling in the center of the skin.
- 4Dip your finger in the cornstarch mix (stir it up, as it will settle) and wet two edges of the skin. Fold over the other two edges to form a triangle. Try to keep the filling centered, as if it spreads to the edges, you won't be able to get a good seal.
- 5Continue until all skins are used up. Depending on the exact size of your wonton skins, you may end up with more or fewer ravioli.
- 6Heat a large pan of salted water to boiling. Reduce the heat so that the water is simmering and not at a full boil. Drop the ravioli in one by one. They will take no more than two or three minutes to cook. Don't crowd the pan, cook in batches. Remove with strainer and drain well.
- 7Serve with your favorite pasta sauce. I like to use Penne with Tomato Herb Cream Sauce. I would not use a typical marinara. Garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired.
- 8Note1: Delis often sell prosciutto ends for a fraction of what sliced prosciutto costs. That's what I buy to make this and other dishes calling for chopped prosciutto.
- 9Note2: These freeze very well. Freeze in a single layer and then package in appropriate container. Do not thaw; they will take app. 3 to 4 minutes to cook.
- 10Note3: These can also be used for a first course, three or four per serving.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach-Prosciutto Ravioli
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 81.9 mg
- Sodium 634.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: