Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cook's Country. I love spinach and eggs! This can be served hot or warm.
- 10 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese (crumbled)
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 3⁄4 lb yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- Adjust oven rack about 5 inches from heating element and set oven to broil.
- Whisk eggs, half-and-half, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in bowl until combined. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- Microwave spinach in large microwave-safe bowl, covered with plastic wrap, on high power until wilted, about 90 seconds. Transfer spinach to clean dish towel and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Microwave potatoes in now-empty bowl, covered with plastic wrap, on high power until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon in medium nonstick ovensafe skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer bacon to plate lined with paper towel and pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet.
- Add potatoes to skillet and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, bacon, and egg mixture and cook, using rubber spatula to stir and scrape bottom of skillet, until large curds form but eggs are still very wet, about 2 minutes.
- Shake skillet to distribute eggs evenly and cook, without stirring, until bottom is set, about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Broil until surface is spotty brown, 3 to 4 minutes (eggs should be slightly wet and runny inside). Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes to finish cooking.
- Slide frittata onto platter and cut into wedges.