Recipe by spiritussancto
Just like the expensive one from the whole foods deli section, only healthier, and with the feta I always felt it needed.
- 454 g rotini pasta (I use the catelli "smart" one as it's a lot better for you. full box, around 6 cups cooked i think)
- 1⁄2 small red onion
- 2 small bell peppers, red
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves (I like pre-washed baby spinach)
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat feta (smoked mozza would be good too, any sharp dry cheese)
for the dressing
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons splenda artificial sweetener (or use real sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta al dente and run under cold water to stop it cooking.
- While that's on the stove chop your red peppers and onions, crumble the feta, and whip the dressing together in a mixing cup.
- Stir together in a big bowl, serve immediately or let the spinach wilt and have leftovers the next day. I like this with a simple bread and cheese side for a light lunch add a bottle of wine for the perfect summer picnic.