Aussie mum 2_2's Note:
Savoury version of Poffertjes, dutch pancakes. Just posted the sweet version also. Haven't tried these either but posted in honour of Aussie/Kiwi world tour. Recipe found on Typical Dutch Stuff.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Ingredients for (4 persons)
- 1Wash the spinach. Let it boil down in a large pan.
- 2Use a food processor to puree the spinach.
- 3Add the spinach and the remaining water in a
- 4measuring cup, and add milk until it reaches 4dl (400ml).
- 5Mix the self-raising flour and the salt in a bowl.
- 6Stir the spinach mixture in the bowl.
- 7Add each egg, one by one, while stirring.
- 8Add 75g of the grated cheese.
- 9(To make actual poffertjes you will need a poffertjespan, but if you do not own one of these, then you can also make small pancakes.).
- 10Heat the pan, and grease it with butter.
- 11Pour in a small amount of the mixture.
- 12Flip them when the top is almost cooked.
- 13Repeat this step until all the mixture has been used.
- 14Serve with grated cheese and butter.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Poffertjes
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.9
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 222.7 mg
- Sodium 2095.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 21.1 g