Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Savoury version of Poffertjes, dutch pancakes. Just posted the sweet version also. Haven't tried these either but posted in honour of Aussie/Kiwi world tour. Recipe found on Typical Dutch Stuff.
Ingredients for (4 persons)
- 200 g spinach
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 150 g grated cheese
- 75 g butter
- Wash the spinach. Let it boil down in a large pan.
- Use a food processor to puree the spinach.
- Add the spinach and the remaining water in a
- measuring cup, and add milk until it reaches 4dl (400ml).
- Mix the self-raising flour and the salt in a bowl.
- Stir the spinach mixture in the bowl.
- Add each egg, one by one, while stirring.
- Add 75g of the grated cheese.
- (To make actual poffertjes you will need a poffertjespan, but if you do not own one of these, then you can also make small pancakes.).
- Heat the pan, and grease it with butter.
- Pour in a small amount of the mixture.
- Flip them when the top is almost cooked.
- Repeat this step until all the mixture has been used.
- Serve with grated cheese and butter.