Recipe by Anna T
I've had this recipe for quite few years. I have made this with fresh spinach as well. My family loves it!
- 4 or 5 51/2 inches pita breads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Brush both sides of pitas with oil. Arrange on a baking sheet. Beat eggs with a fork in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients except mozzarella, toss to mix. Spread mixture evenly among the pitas. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake 20 minutes until bread is crisp and mozzarella melts and browns slightly.
- Note: I serve it with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and some crushed red peppers. When I use fresh spinach, I use about a pound chopped and steamed until wilted. Drain well.