Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Quick to make, great flavor! Easy dish for one!...or two, or three...
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 pita bread
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup provolone cheese
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Chop up spinach into slices.
- Mix spinach, garlic, and onion together and pile on top of the pita.
- Top with the cheese and a little nutmeg.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes or until cheese melts.
- You can also mix the cheese with the topping instead of placing it onto so everything is spread without the pizza evenly, that tastes good, too! Or try sandwiching it between the pita :).
This was really yummy, and different! I used a whole wheat tortilla, used 1/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella. I also threw in some diced turkey pepperoni & oregano, pizza seasoning, minced onion & will add some black pepper for some zip next time! I cooked it like a quesadilla on the stovetop & served it with some warm marinara sauce. I loved how healthy this was. Thank u for sharing.
How easy and simple to do, Will add this recipe to comfort food list too! Tastes great, first rate, Thanks for the recipe mate!