Recipe by PainterCook
My good friend Laura made these pies for us at a girls' movie night at her house. They were delicious! Easy to prepare, you can make them ahead of time, as they are served at room temperature.
Top Review by GEORGE M.
Made this as part of a special dinner for guests ... without trying it first ... and it was a success. Truly it was the dish most enjoyed and it past the real test: they asked for the recipe ... and made it within the week at their own own home for a special dinner for guests. Thank you so much for the recipe.
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie shells
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups minced yellow onions
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, chopped & thawed
- 6 eggs
- 2 (15 ounce) containers cottage cheese, small curd
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Prick pie shells all over with a fork and bake 15 minutes until lightly browned. (Laura skips this step if using frozen pie shells.).
- In skillet, melt butter, add onion and cook until soft.
- Squeeze spinach to remove excess water. Add spinach to onion and toss over heat until water evaporates. Remove from heat.
- Mix remaining ingredients in bowl. Add spinach/onion mixture and mix until it resembles green and white "marble.".
- Divide mixture evenly into two pie shells. Reduce oven temperature to 350 and bake about 45 minutes (variable).
- Cool pies to room temperature and serve.