1/2 Photos of Spinach Pie With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
1 hr 15 mins
adapted from Hometown Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) double crust pie crusts, unbaked (2 rounds)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup asiago cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained very well
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained, coarsley chopped
- 1Line a 9-inch pie plate with one crust round.
- 2Beat one of the eggs with a fork and use a pastry brush to lightly brush egg over the pie crust (you might not need all of the egg- save the rest for brushing the top crust later).
- 3Beat remaining eggs in a large bowl, using a whisk.
- 4Add cheese, pepper, and basil and stir to combine.
- 5Add spinach (make sure it has been drained very well- squeezed over a colander to get out all the freezer moisture), as well as the bread crumbs and tomatoes.
- 6Pour filling into crust and top with the second crust round.
- 7Fold edges under to seal and crimp or flute edges as desired.
- 8Brush with remaining egg wash.
- 9Cut a few slits in the top crust and bake in a preheated 375 F oven for 25 minutes.
- 10Cover edges with a ring of foil or a pie sheild, then continue baking another 20 minutes.
- 11Cool on wire rack at least 15 minutes before attempting to slice.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Pie With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.4
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 475.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: