2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 35 mins
From Italian Cooking & Living magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the dough
For the filling
- 1Make the dough: Combine the flour and salt on the counter and work in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 2Add 2 of the eggs and continue to work until the mixture forms a dough.
- 3Gather into a ball and knead gently for a few seconds until smooth; cut into two pieces, one slightly larger than the other, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4Make the filling: Soak the raisins in warm water to cover for 30 minutes; drain.
- 5eanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and sauté the pine nuts until golden and aromatic, about 3 minutes, stirring all the while.
- 6Remove with a slotted spoon.
- 7Add the remaining olive oil and cook the onions and garlic until wilted.
- 8Stir in the spinach, salt, pepper, and some freshly grated nutmeg.
- 9Cook 5 minutes, turn out into a bowl, and stir in the eggs, raisins, pine nuts, and Parmigiano.
- 10Adjust the salt if necessary.
- 11Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 12Roll out the two balls of dough on a lightly floured work counter to a thickness of 1/8".
- 13Line a buttered 9" springform pan with the larger circle, fill with the spinach mixture, and close with the smaller circle.
- 14Brush with the remaining beaten egg and bake 35 minutes, until the dough is golden brown and crisp.
- 15Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Pie With Raisins and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.7
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 207.6 mg
- Sodium 582.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 23.8 g