Recipe by kimboleyanne
Easy to do, just remember to keep unused phyllo dough covered with clean, damp kitchen towel while you are working with it or it will get hard and unuseable.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 6 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 16 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 8 sheets phyllo dough, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Squeeze all of the water from the spinach using either just your hands or a clean kitchen towel.
- Lightly beat eggs in large bowl.
- Add cream cheese, feta cheese, green onions and spinach.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Butter bottom of 13 x 9 glass baking dish with pastry brush. Lay 1 sheet of phyllo dough on bottom of dish. Butter phyllo dough and repeat by adding 3 more sheets with butter on top of each.
- Spread cheese mix on top of 4 buttered sheets of phyllo dough. Add 4 remaining sheets of phyllo dough in the same above fashion by buttering the tops of each sheet.
- Cut into 18 squares and sprinkle water on top to prevent from getting too brown.
- Bake 45 minutes until brown and bubbly.