Recipe by CandyTX
Tom's mom came up with this one about 6 years ago when Candy was doing low-carb. You can leave out the pie crust and just use an oiled pie dish for a lower-carb solution. This is a VERY forgiving recipe, so you can easily change it up for you or your family's tastes.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen spinach, cooked and drained (or one can, drained)
- 5 eggs
- 12 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1 pie crust, frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all together.
- Pour into oiled pie plate or into a crust.
- Bake at 350~ for about an hour, or until a knife in center comes out clean.
- Let sit 10 minutes before cutting.
- If you don't like spinach you can put ham and cheese, or onions, olives and mushrooms, or whatever you like.