Recipe by RSHDiva
This was very satisfying.
Top Review by Denibates
This is great! I took it to a Mary Kay party and it was gone in no time. I bought Pillsbury pie crusts, which really cut down on the prep time. I used sweet apple sausage, added a tsp of horseradish and a couple dashes of crushed red pepper, and it was a great hit with all the girls!
- 1 lb sweet sausage, fried golden
- 6 eggs, save 1 yolk
- 2⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach, blotted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble and fry sausage, beat eggs, add cheeses, spinach and spices. Make two pie crusts, roll out, place mixture in one, put over on top.
- Brush with egg yolk diluted with water.
- Bake 375 for 1 hr 10 m (watch) cool 20 minutes before cutting.
- Enjoy (freezes well, also can use puff pastry rather than pie crust.