Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in Women's World Dec. 9,2003 issue. This is a very tasty dish and low in fat.
- 425.24 g part-skim ricotta cheese
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 283.49 g box frozen chopped spinach, thawed/drained
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml sliced scallion
- 118.29 ml crumbled feta cheese
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml dried dill
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 4 sheet phyllo dough
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml dry breadcrumbs, divided
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a 9 inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except for the phyllo dough, oil and breadcrumbs.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough in the pie dish.
- Brush with oil and sprinkle with 1 Tbs breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with phyllo, oil and breadcrumbs until all are used.
- Place spinach mixture into pie dish.
- Fold the edges of phyllo dough over to seal.
- Cut 4 steam vents in top of dish.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
I've been making this recipe for years with much success. The only change I've made is putting more layers of phyllo dough than just the 4 that the recipe asks for. I figure they give you a bunch of sheets, might as well use them.
This pie just didn't do it for my family. DD said it was too dry and needed more spinach, less cheese. I am not a fan of dill but I ate seconds. : ) DH liked it fine, said just a little dry.
6 stars this was so good. I used fresh spinach and cottage cheese and only one egg and Italian bread crumbs. Amazing flavor. I make spinach phyllo pies alot but this is a whole new way. Thanks Shari