Recipe by l0vetw0c00k
Saw this recipe in a magazine and tried it today. It's terrific and should please even the pickiest eaters you cook for. It's great for a light lunch or brunch.
Top Review by forest girl
This was very good and very simple to make. I adapted it to be a little lower calorie and healthier with just a touch of olive oil instead of butter, milk instead of half and half, and whole wheat flour. (I also used fresh garlic.) I too liked that it is crustless. I will definately be making this again!
- 10 -12 ounces of fresh baby spinach leaves, rinsed and drained well.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat in large skillet.
- Add SPINACH and cook until wilted.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder in large bowl.
- Add spinach, eggs, light cream and parmesan cheese.
- Mix well.
- If you want a smoother texture, use a stick blender.
- Pour into greased 9" pie plate Bake at 350 degrees, 25 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing into wedges.