Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great as an appetizer or as a type of quiche for a luncheon. Easy to prepare and a nice light taste.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Squeeze cooked spinach and drain.
- Combine cream cheese, eggs, cheddar cheese, salt, onion, parsley and spinach; pour into pie shell.
- Place tomatoes on top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 35 mins.
This was so good! Very easy to make and it looks beautiful. I omitted the parsley and added some basil and some italian seasoning on top then lightly drizzled some herbed olive oil over it. The only change I would make next time(and I WILL make this again and often) is to add another tomato to the top.
Hi Kat Rahal, made you Spinach pie tonight for a light supper for DH and myself, it was absolutely wonderful, I served it with crusty garlic bread, and a small side salad.... my DH ate almost the whole pie himself!... we love these kinds of savory pies, and this is a winner.... I always keep homemade frozen pie crusts in the freezer ready for recipes like this. The only change I made was, I added fresh garlic to the mixture, we are both big time garlic lovers, this is a recipe that I would highly recommend, It was just wonderful, we loved it. Thanks for posting :-)
This was delicious. We do a lot of quiche at my house, so I was afraid this would be too quiche-y, but it was a taste all its own. I made a few very minor changes to the recipe. I used fresh spinach (sauteed with a bit of garlic) rather than frozen. I whizzed up the eggs, cream cheese, and herbs in the blender, so they were more than slightly beaten. I used a homemade pie crust. I also forgot the parmesan on top, but it was delicious anyway. Thanks for the recipe!