A nice addition to any buffet or served with a salad for lunch. This pie is best served warm or at room temperature.
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells (prepared or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet.
- Add onions and sauté until soft about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach to onions and continue cooking for about three minutes until the water has evaporated from spinach.
- Season spinach with a dash of nutmeg.
- In large bowl combine spinach, eggs and all the cheeses.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Pile mixture into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for one hour or until golden brown on top.