Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from an old brazilian vegetarian book
- 3 cups Baby Spinach (chopped)
- 1 cup instant plain oatmeal (quaker)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons onions (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 2 plum tomatoes (chopped)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 3 eggs (separated)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, but the egg whites.
- Beat the egg white to a firm consistency.
- Gently with a spoon add the egg whites.
- Bake it in a buttered pan at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
We liked it. we like flavor,hate blannnn. added more garlic, onions and use 3/4 cup oats. It would be great with QUINOA. Next time. thanks
I cooked this for a weekly potluck group that changes themes each time (generally ethnic!). This week's was South American. I used over 4 cups spinach chopped (not baby) and would NOT recommend it! Stick with the 3 :) It was still popular, despite being too thick and spinach-y. It had great flavor. I used whole wheat flour, and it still rose well. The tomatoes weren't ripe (cardboard winter tomoatoes) and next time will opt for canned tomatoes for this time of year. Still, pretty darn good! Thanks!