Top Review by katew
Fantastic recipe and really quick to make too. I used fresh greens out of my vegie patch, fresh basil too. Healthy and deliciously light. I even had a piece for breakfast after the gym !!
- butter, and
- flour, for pan
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Saute bacon and onion in small skillet over medium heat until bacon is crisp and onion golden, 5-7 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, cream, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper to taste in medium mixing bowl. Squeeze liquid from spinach. Stir spinach, bacon, and onion into egg mixture. Spread evenly in prepared pan and place pan on baking sheet.
- Bake until knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Remove side of pan and cut pie into 8 wedges. Transfer to serving platter. Serve hot.