Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is another recipe from my Oma. We serve it as a side dish for dinner, but it is also a great lunch!
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped spinach, cooked & drained
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- grated onion
- Melt butter & add flour. Cook the roux for a few minutes. Add to the spinach. Add 3 egg yolks, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese & seasonings.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into spinach mixture.
- Bake in buttered quiche pan at 350 for 30-40.
Tried this recently and absolutely loved it! Followed recipe to the letter with the exception of more seasoning. I also added basil, mixed herbs and garlic salt. Thanks for a great recipe which makes a good lunch and dinner.