Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Love the addition of mint in this, found it on the back of a puff pastry box. not tried yet
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 200 g fresh spinach
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 300 g ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees.
- Cook spinach 3-4 minutes in boiling water til tender. Drain and squeeze out water.
- Heat oil in pan and brown onion/garlic.
- Mix spinach, onion and garlic, lemon zest, herbs and ricotta in a big bowl, stirring well.
- If you need to roll out your puff pastry (this brand comes already rolled) do so. Heat baking sheet in oven and put the two sheets on the hot sheet.
- Spread spinach mixture on pastry leaving a 5 cm space around it, and fold pastry over the edges of the tarts.
- Bake 20 minutes.
Wonderful! Just wonderful!