Recipe by dianahirkala
Great for spinach lovers. Lots of spinach flavor & texture in a pie form. I invented it around 10 years ago.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage or 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheese (your favorite)
- 4 -5 slices whole wheat bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Decrust bread & flatten with roller.
- Put bread on bottom of greased glass pie plate (cut to size).
- Mix milk, water & cornstarch together.
- Add rest of ingredients & mix well.
- Pour into pie plate. (you can use regular unbaked pie shell instead).
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven 15 minutes.
- Lower to 350 degrees for around 10 minutes till done.
- Sprinkle extra cheese on top if desired.