Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From my yahoo group. OAMC.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled feta cheese (6 oz)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 by 9 inches)
- melted butter, for brushing
- In a non stick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion and garlic until onion is tender. Stir in spinach and oregano; cook over medium-low heat just until spinach is warmed. Drain. Remove from the heat; stir in feta cheese and beaten egg and set aside.
- Spray one sheet of phyllo dough with butter flavored cooking spray or
- brush with melted butter. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent drying.) Add a second sheet, spray or brush and repeat with a third sheet so you have three layers of dough.
- Position the phyllo horizontally and cut it into six strips.
- Place 1 tablespoon of spinach mixture on lower corner of each strip.
- Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until you come to the end of each strip. Spray with butter flavored cooking spray or brush with butter, making sure all edges are sprayed and sealed. Repeat with remaining phyllo and filling.
- Place triangles on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375
- degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- To freeze: Place on a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze for at
- least 1 hour. When frozen, place in an airtight container with parchment or wax paper between layers. Bake the same way as instructed above – no
- need to thaw – but add several minutes to time. Can be frozen up to 6