1/2 Photos of Spinach Phyllo Casserole
1 hr 45 mins
The layers of this low-fat phyllo pastry are coated with a mixture of egg whites and olive oil instead of melted butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C). Saute onions in chicken broth until broth has evaporated.
- 2Stir flour into milk until dissolved.
- 3Add to onions and stir constantly over medium heat until thickened.
- 4Blend in cheese until melted.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in spinach.
- 6Beat 6 egg whites until frothy and blend into cheese mixture. Pour into a deep casserole dish brushed with olive oil.
- 7Whisk together remaining egg white and the olive oil.
- 8Blend well.
- 9Cut sheets of phyllo pastry in half.
- 10Top the casserole with one piece of phyllo pastry.
- 11Brush with egg white mixture. Continue layering phyllo sheets, brushing each with the mixture. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Phyllo Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 319.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 12.6 g