Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 5 cups fusilli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta for 8-10 minutes until tender but firm.
- Reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water, drain pasta and return to pot.
- In large skillet, melt 1 tbsp butter over med heat; cook onion& garlic, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or til softened.
- Stir in spinach and basil; cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring for 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer to food processor.
- Add remaining butter, salt& pepper and puree til smooth.
- Add reserved pasta water and blend well.
- Add spinach mixture to pasta along with 3/4 cup of the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and lemon juice; toss to combine.
- Serve each with a dollop of remaining ricotta; sprinkle with pine nuts.