Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are the ultimate party potato because you can put it together in advance. The guests will oooh and aaah at the stunning presentation. Prep and cook time does not include time to make the mashed potatoes.
- 2 cups spinach leaves, packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups parsley, firmly packed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 8 cups mashed potatoes, unseasoned
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- Wash spinach thoroughly.
- In food processor or blender, puree spinach, parsley, garlic, oil and lemon peel.
- With mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy, adding 1 egg at a time.
- Add potatoes and mix well.
- Spread potato mixture in a shallow 3-quart casserole.
- Smooth top.
- With the tip of a knife, impress shallow stripes into potatoes.
- (Nice straight lines about 3/8 inch deep look good).
- Carefully spoon the spinach mixture into these depressions.
- Cover casserole tightly.
- Bake in 375°F oven until hot through, about 35 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle pine nuts over top; bake 10 minutes longer.