Recipe by *Z*
This recipe comes from a Pillsbury recipe card book. This is part of my effort to get my family to eat more spinach. It's good for them! The spinach flavor is very mild in this. I used sunflower kernels instead of pine nuts b/c pine nuts are so expensive. Whipped up quickly and is quite tasty. No one but myself likes spinach in my house but they all enjoyed this. It is very cheesy.
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed squeeze to drain
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cooked crumbled bacon
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Lightly spray 4 10 oz custard cups or ramekins with cooking spray.
- Place cups on a baking sheet with sides.
- Sprinkle pine nuts in an ungreased heavy skillet.
- Cook over medium heat 5-7 minutes until nuts begin to brown, stirring often.
- In a medium bowl, mix spinach, cottage cheese, monterey jack cheese, pesto and toasted nuts.
- Stir in eggs and milk until well blended.
- Divide spinach mixture evenly among cups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Cool 2 minutes.
- Top with bacon, tomato and parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with basil leaves if desired.