Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can use this as a dip for crudites or on whole wheat pasta.
- 4 cups spinach leaves, packed and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- Place spinach and basil in food processor and puree.
- Add garlic, nuts, and sea salt and puree again, gradually adding olive oil. Blend until mixture is a thick, smooth paste.
- Add lemon juice and parmesan and puree until blended.
A nice light flavored pesto. Made as written using walnuts. Served over sliced tomatoes with French bread for a light dinner. Thanks for the post.
Delicious! Served it with pasta. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)
I love it!:) I made two exchanges. I used raw pumpkin seeds as that is what I had in my kitchen and I picked fresh basil from garden instead of dry. Yum, yum.