Recipe by Eat Your Vegetables!
This recipe is from the cookbook Greens, Glorious Greens. Just mix all the ingredients in a food processor, then toss with pasta. I use pre-minced garlic to speed up the process even more. Note: the '4 servings' from this recipe is for if you're using it as a main dish. As a side dish I've found that it feeds 8. Freeze any leftovers for later.
Top Review by Chief cook and bottlewasher
I followed the recipe exactly then put it on spelt spaghetti. It was really good. Today I had leftovers and decided to eat them cold. I think I like it with the warm noodles better. If you need a dairy-free pesto recipe this on is a keeper.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peeled garlic in the workbowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process to chop. Add the spinach, basil and parsley leaves and process to chop.
- While the motor is running, add the olive oil and nuts, starting with the lesser amount of olive oil. Add the lemon juice and process again. If the pesto seems too dry, add the rest of the olive oil or additional lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and serve on freshly cooked pasta.