Prep 7 mins
Cook 8 mins
Recipe courtesy Dave Lieberman Show: Good Deal with Dave Lieberman Episode: One Pot Meal Potluck Not like any of the other spinach salads on Zaar so I thought that I would post this one.
- 1 (8 ounce) package spinach
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 2 small shallots, minced
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss pecans with vegetable oil, sugar and salt. Lay out on baking sheet. Roast until shade darker and aromatic, about 7 to 8 minutes. Set aside. I have also done this one the stove top in a skillet but I stir frequently when doing so.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, shallots and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix spinach, goronzola and pecans in a serving bowl.
- Toss salad with dressing.
Very good and easy! I used sunflower oil instead of olive oil and raspberry vinegar instead of the sherry vinegar. Thanks for sharing!