Recipe by FoodBooksSangria
These make a very tasty finger food, either eaten alone or served with a favorite dip. They can be made ahead of time and frozen.
- 2 (8 -10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed & very well-drained
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups herb stuffing mix, seasoned & partly crushed
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 diced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil (I substituted lots of fresh chopped basil, plus some fresh oregano)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- olive oil, to grease cookie sheet or aluminum foil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil cookie sheet or foil.
- Mix spinach, cheese, eggs & stuffing. Add butter, onion, seasonings & pecans and mix thoroughly. Shape into quarter-sized balls. Baked on cookie sheet (oiled, or lined with oiled foil) at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. (In my oven, when baking the entire batch of nuggets, it took longer--about 32 minutes--to get them done to the degree I wanted, with some small spots of browning on the nuggets.) Serve hot.
- Can prepare ahead & freeze after baking. To reheat, take out of freezer & heat 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.