Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A fresh salad featuring ripe fall pears is a welcome addition to any table. Save time by using packaged, pre-washed spinach. Prepare and refrigerate the vinaigrette up to two days ahead, and shave and refrigerate the cheese up to one day ahead.
- 2 bosc pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shaved parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Combine pear slices and spinach in a large bowl.
- Combine water and
- the next 6 ingredients (through pepper), stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, and toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
We loved this salad! The dressing was a perfect complement to the pears and spinach and the sprinkling of parmesan cheese was just enough. Thanks for posting!
I made an extra rich lasagna last night and wanted to serve something other than the traditional Italian green salad I usually serve on the side. This looked yummy and seemed as if it would be a nice tangy contrast to the cheesy main course. I didn't have the cheese Lolly's recipe lists, so I used some freshly grated Parmesan I had on hand. I served it on chilled salad plates with chilled forks. The salad was out of this world!!! All of my guests were impressed. I'll definitely prepare this salad again. Thanks for another winner, Lolly!