Recipe by spatchcock
This is on my menu for Thanksgiving. I have made this before and it is so wonderfully delicate in flavor--perfect warm up to a larger meal, and perfect Fall recipe from Cooking Light.
Top Review by LUv 2 BaKE
I made this as the main part of a very light lunch. It was delicious. The dressing was perfect for the pear/spinach combo. The only thing I did differently is used about 1/4 of the amount of oil, for personal preference. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 2 bosc pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly shaved parmigiano-reggiano cheese