This is on my menu for Thanksgiving. I have made this before and it is so wonderfully delicate in flavor--perfect warm up to a larger meal, and perfect Fall recipe from Cooking Light.
- 2 bosc pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly shaved parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Combine pear slices and spinach in large bowl.
- Combine water and rest of ingredients (except cheese), stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, and toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
I made this as the main part of a very light lunch. It was delicious. The dressing was perfect for the pear/spinach combo. The only thing I did differently is used about 1/4 of the amount of oil, for personal preference. Thanks for the great recipe!
Wonderful combination of fruit, greens and dressing. I left off the parmesan cheese because the entree had parmesan in it. It was still delightful without.
Excellent salad. The dressing has just the right amount of flavor without overpowering the pears or the spinach. I will make this again.