This is on my menu for Thanksgiving. I have made this before and it is so wonderfully delicate in flavor--perfect warm up to a larger meal, and perfect Fall recipe from Cooking Light.
- 2 bosc pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly shaved parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Combine pear slices and spinach in large bowl.
- Combine water and rest of ingredients (except cheese), stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, and toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with cheese.