Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sounds really good. I cut this recipe out of one of those Reiman publication inserts with coupons.
- 3⁄4 cup walnut halves, toasted (about 3 ounces)
- 1 (15 ounce) cans&w california sun pears in light syrup, drained, reserving 1/4 of the syrup
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard or 2 teaspoons mustard, sweetened with honey to taste
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups Baby Spinach or 8 cups other tender salad greens
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled gorgonzola (about 3 ounces) or 3⁄4 cup other blue cheese (about 3 ounces)
- To make pear vinaigrette, combine reserved pear syrup, honey mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk in olive oil.
- Just before serving, gently toss together the toasted walnuts, drained pears, pear vinaigrette, spinach and Gorgonzola.
I love this salad. I used apple cider vinegar and it was really good. I also candied the walnuts which really added a nice surprising taste. thanks for the great dressing recipe!!!!