Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The tasty combination of spinach and pears will keep you away from boring salads forever. From SparkPeople.com Calories: 116 Fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 20.5 g Protein: 2.3 g
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 pears, cored and sliced lengthwise
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water, orange juice, olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, and black pepper.
- In large bowl, add the pear slices and 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Add remaining dressing, spinach and onion and toss to coat.
This is an excellent salad. The flavors blend perfectly. I did add more Dijon to the dressing, as a first taste left me wondering if something was missing. However, when the salad was fully assembled with the onions, pears and spinach, it was perfect. The thinly sliced onion add the bit that I felt the dressing needed.